Thursday, 7 October 2010

Nick Brown would have beaten Rosie Winterton if he had been allowed to stand

A week ago, new Labour Leader Ed Milliband sacked Nick Brown from the job of Chief Whip of the Labour Party. Instead, his chosen nominee Rosie Winterton was able to stand for the post uncontested. But it looks as though, had there been an election, Brown would have held onto the post.

What's my evidence for this?

Well, in the Shadow Cabinet elections - the results of which have just been announced - all 19 winning candidates come from the top half of the alphabet. All those candidates with surnames beginning with the letters N-Z were soundly beaten.

Someone will point out that only six out of the 49 candidates in total came from the second half of the alphabet, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one and saying that it just adds to my assertion that politics is biased towards those in the top half of the alphabet (including me).

No comments: