Friends at Launceston tennis club have asked me to publicise their event next Saturday. I'm more than happy to do so:
On Saturday the 13th of June, Launceston Tennis Club will open their doors as the nation goes tennis crazy in the lead up to a fantastic summer of tennis
The Great British Tennis Weekend is the UK’s biggest ever public tennis event and offers free tennis for anyone, whether you’ve never picked up a racket or haven’t played for a while and want to get involved.
The campaign aims to inspire people to get on court and take part in a variety of activities. Players will be able to experience a tennis session tailored to them, compete for fun prizes and much more – all for free
On the day there are three special sessions for juniors, a chance to experience the Ladies hour run weekly by our very own Jenny Worth (who was awarded for her outstanding work in the community by BBC Sports Personality of the Year '06) followed by an Adult session where all can join in with our club and get a taste for the sport! We will be providing food (including cream teas) for the Adult Session, awards in the form of wristbands, pens and new balls for the Juniors and will be easily recognisable on the day by our signage and t-shirts.
- Junior Sessions, half hour each from 11am - 12:30pm, time slot dependent on age
- Extra Ladies Session with Jenny Worth from 1pm-2pm
- Adults Free Play (everyone!) 2:30pm onwards
- All attendees need to sign-up here: https://clubspark.lta.
org.uk/OpenDays/ LauncestonTennisClub/51443643- 251f-4038-a2e0-69cf1e027d63
- Further Offers available for those interested in Joining the Club
- Launceston Tennis Club is a very active club! Check out our website http://www.
launcestontennis.org/ to see what we've been up to so far this year