Monday, 14 November 2011

The Movember thing

It may be that everyone and his dog is taking part on Movember this year, but that's no bad thing.

Movember helps to raise money for men's cancer charities. All I'm doing is donating my top lip. (Actually, that's not all I'm doing - you have to keep the rest of your face clean shaven for the month).

Already I've suffered looking like a fool during the Remembrance Day parade through the town as well as the jokes from those more able to grow a proper moustache.

I've raised a bit through donations so far, but not nearly as much as this great cause deserves. So to ease me though my embarrassment, please consider making a donation. You can go to my personal fundraising page here, or just give me a donation when you see me. And please remember that if you are a UK taxpayer you can giftaid your donation to make it worth much more.

No comments: